Fri, June 29, 2012
Doors: 9:00 PM / Show: 10:00 PM
This show is 21+, proper I.D. is required for admission
The Sunset presents:
Bobby Bare Jr. and Quiet Life.
$12 tickets. 9pm doors. 10pm show time. 21+.
BOBBY BARE JR'S QUICK FACTS
- has a degree in psychology from the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE
- made 2 albums for Immortal Records with his band BARE JR. one for sony records in 1998 and one for virgin records in 2001
- releasing a 7 song EP of songs by the bands BREAD and/or AMERICA called "THE AMERICAN BREAD EP" on aug 11th 2009
- born raised and still lives in Nashville, TN
- VERY afraid of elves
- has 2 children - one boy one girl
- nominated for a grammy at the age of 6 years old for a duet with his dad called "daddy what if"-written by Shel Silverstein
- that year the grammy for country duet went to THE POINTER SISTERS
- believes that blue is a flavor and not a color nor a feeling
- has made 3 albums and 1 ep for BLOODSHOT RECORDS since 2003
- co-produced his dad's last record THE MOON WAS BLUE in 2006
- grew up in HENDERSONVILLE, TN with George Jones and Tammy Wynette as his next door neighbors
- recorded his last album "THE LONGEST MEOW" in 1 day - 11 songs 11 people, 11 hours (there were a couple of overdubs during mixing)
- is only making music in the hopes of getting one step closer to his ultimate dream of being STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY'S personal bicycle mechanic
- has toured with DR. DOG, THE WALKMEN, THE DECEMBERISTS, THE BLACK CROWES, BOB DYLAN, AREOSMITH, MY MORNING JACKET, CENTRO-MATIC, THE BOTTLE ROCKETS, THE DRIVE BY TRUCKERS, ANDREW BIRD, and THE OLD 97's
- has been romantically linked to the BOB'S BIG BOY boy
- has played BONNAROO, SASQUATCH and AUSTIN CITY LIMITS FESTIVAL
- in June of 2007 Bobby was asked by a casting company to audition for the role of "Shrek" for "Shrek the Musical" on Broadway
- is on HOUSTON PARTY RECORDS in spain and HAZELWOOD RECORDS in germany
- did a family album of all SHEL SILVERSTEIN songs called "SINGIN' IN THE KITCHEN" in 1975
- can NOT speak mandrin chinese
- wrote with and had all his songs critiqued by SHEL SILVERSTEIN till Shel passed on in may of 1999
- sang on the song "getting back into you" on THE SILVER JEWS album "TANGLEWOOD NUMBERS"
- sang on the song "riding" on WILL OLDHAM's album "bonnie prince billie sings Greatest Palace Music"
"Quiet Life sound like they stumbled from Big Pink, with a rambunctious roots sound that would make Robbie Robertson smile from ear-to-ear."
- The Portland Mercury
"Portland doesn't have a Laurel Canyon scene, but if it did, you could bet that Quiet Life would be the official house band."
- Willamette Week
"Near-flawless renditions of classic L.A. Canyon rock...loose, affectionate playing, and each song registers catchy, rust belt elements. You soak in this like a whiskey at quitting time."
- Jack Rabid, The Big Takeover